One of my goals for 2010 is to revive my "Winning on Wednesday" weekly posts. It may sound easy, but coming up with a weekly post that has useful content is tough. That's why I have deep respect for guys like Jon Acuff, of Stuff Christians Like who write a daily, very thought provoking post. Writing with regularity and focus takes discipline. So, that is one of my personal goals. Writing these Wednesday posts force me to stop and to ponder (I love that word) what God is doing currently in my life.
But, beyond this one goal, will this year be any different for me? Will it be any different for you? We've all set New Year's Resolutions in the past and we've all let those go by the wayside as soon as the reality of life sets back in after the holidays. What about our spiritual lives? What can you or I do to make this year any different than last year and the years before that?
What spiritual goals have you set for this year?
- Read the Bible all the way through - finally (YouVersion.com has some GREAT tools to help you do this - by the way)
- Step beyond where you are comfortable to help others
- Sacrifice for someone else - doing without a little of your abundance so someone else may have a little of the basics
- Love until it hurts
- Serve others - even those you don't like
- Make that career or life change that God has laid on your heart for sometime
Reading the Bible all the way through is another - I'm using the M'Cheyne One Year Reading Plan available at YouVersion.
I'm going with my dad to Romania later this year to serve others. The time away and finances involved all will require me to step out in faith.
Continuing to work with our church's Middle School students on mission projects to change our community one person at a time is yet another.
The Skit Guys produce some really thought provoking material. The skit below addresses this same topic.