Several of the people I follow have posted their 2010 Reading Lists on their blogs. A particular example is Jason Salamun's list on his site.
I used to be an avid reader. But something changed. I'm not really sure what that is. Maybe it was all the reading I was required to do in graduate school. Another theory of mine is that my constant exposure to SMS (I was in wireless telecom when it first launched) over the years and now Twitter have somehow short circuited my brain so that I can only digest information in 140 to 160 character bursts. Maybe that's why I really liked Tribes by Seth Godin. That's probably why I also like Jason Salamun's style on his blog. Simple short sentences...one after another.
So, in an effort to revive my reading ability, I've created a reading list for 2010 in no particular order other than the Bible being #1. I'd love to hear your feedback on any of the books you've read or if you have any suggestions that might be good additions.
- The Bible - I'm be using the M'Cheyne One Year Reading Plan on YouVersion
- What Everyone Should Know About Money Before They Enter The Real World - Joseph Sangl
- axiom: Powerful Leadership Proverbs- Bill Hybels
- Everybody Wants To Go to Heaven But Nobody Wants to Die - David Crowder
- Run With The Bulls Without Getting Trampled - Tim Irwin
- Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands - Nancy Ortberg
- Fixing Abraham - Chris Tiegreen
- Deep Change: Discovering the Leader Within - Robert Quinn
- Simply Strategic Volunteers: Empowering People for Ministry - Tony Morgan, Tim Stevens
- Walking With God - John Eldredge
- Outliers: The Story of Success - Malcolm Gladwell
- Scouting the Divine - Margaret Feinberg
- The Rabbit and the Elephant: Why Small is the New Big for Today's Church - Tony & Felicity Dale, George Barna
- Go Green, Save Green - Nancy Sleeth
- Servolution - Dino Rizzo
- Tortured for Christ - Richard Wurmbrand
Do you have a reading list for 2010?