HT: Brad Ruggles for posting this video
Many of you have already seen this viral video, I'm sure of it.
What a great awareness and PR campaign for Coca-Cola, right?
I believe there's so much more we can learn from this campaign. Unleash joy in others by giving the unexpected!
Coca-Cola was able to unleash joy in ONE simple way - giving beyond the expectation. People had an expectation of what they would get from a drink machine - a (hopefully) cold drink. Instead they got SO much more - extra drinks, flowers, pizza, balloon animals and a HUGE sub.
Now, I know the intent of the video had NOTHING to do with individuals, organizations or even ministry groups. But imagine with me a moment. What if:
- ...we bought a little extra food this week to give to those that are hungry.
- ...we paid a neighbor's power bill - when they've been out of work.
- ...we bought somebody lunch that we never met - in the drive through line.
- ...we lingered and listened when a friend just needed to blow off steam
- ...we visited the sick and elderly who believe they've been forgotten.
- ...we helped those same people with simple chores around their home.
- ...we ________________________________________
Sometime, somewhere this week...surprise somebody with a little unexpected happiness.