There are many stories that surround Christmas shopping aren't there? Fighting the Black Friday crowds, finding a parking place, finding that one item that has sold out everywhere and trying to figure out how much longer it is going to take. Thankfully, my wife and I both like to be done with it before Thanksgiving.
Over the past few years, our favorite method involves a pointing, clicking and meeting the man in the brown truck! Here are some of our favorite sites. Maybe one of these can help you get finished sooner so you can actually ENJOY the holiday season!
- Dealnews - Anything, and I mean anything, can be found here. Subscribe to the RSS feed to keep up to date on the latest and greatest. Also, note that Dealnews will provide info on how to get extra discounts, free shipping, etc. Deals are being added all the time throughout the day.
- Amazon - Amazon makes things VERY easy to buy multiple items and get FREE shipping. Note that you can find out about some of the best Amazon deals from Dealnews. Keep an eye on availability and forecasted shipping dates.
- Ebay - Another good option. Be sure to deal with reputable sellers (check their feedback) and carefully read shipping and handling charges. Use a service like PayPal to make payments to the sellers securely.
- Woot - Simply put, you have to check this site daily or subscribe to the feed. Woot sells one item a day until it's gone - and it can be anything. Look for Woot-offs! Woot posts items one after another until they sell out. (This has to be how they clean out the warehouse!)
- Engadget - Get info on the latest tech goodies and links to availability.
- Monday madness - The Monday after Thanksgiving is known for great online deals. Look for extra savings, package deals, free gift packaging and free shipping offers.
- Pick-up in store - Look for deals where you can order online and pick the item up at the store. Find the best deal, buy online and pick it up at a real store location. Notable retailers doing this: Wal-Mart, Circuit City, Sears, JCPenney
- Minimum purchase for FREE SHIPPING - Some online retailers offer FREE shipping for purchasing a minimum order amount. Amazon has a $25 threshhold for certain items. Sometimes, it's better to pay a few dollars more and get everything from one retailer and get free shipping than to buy at the "lowest" price from different retailers and pay shipping.
- BlackFriday.info - This site posts the latest Black Friday deals and even includes scans of the ads.
- bfads.net - Similar to the site above, but it also lists some pre-Black Friday deals.
Now Playing: "Stop It" by The Almost